About Me

Hello, as you may gather from the title I am Antonia and I craft in my attic bedroom. I started crafting when I retired and love making cards for family, friends and charity

Friday, 23 July 2010




This is the easle card I have made for my Sister-in law for her birthday, she is in her seventies but loves to dress up for special days and this Clarity stamp is so elegant it made me think of her.
The image is coloured with promarkers, nestie mounted then layered onto card which I have "quilted" on my Hougie board, i used pearl gems at the intersections. I added a matching border
strip with a promarker coloured ribbon and a lovely Joanna Sheene tassle and mounted the whole thing on some holographic card just for a bit of Bling
Thanks for looking
I should like to enter this card in the following challenges

Craftalicious Challenge .. Birthdays (see challenge side bar)
Pollycraft Monday Birthdays (see side bar)
The Creative Cottage... Touchy Feely ( see side bar)

16 comments:

  1. Oh, this is gorgeous and, as you say, very elegant. Your sister will love it. I actually have an embossing folder which gives the effect you've done on your Hougie board, I'm ashamed to say I've not used it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is stunning, bet your SIL will love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is so very lovely - I love the colours and the way you have quilted it
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful card. It is so stylish and your attention to detail is amazing! Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that it stunning. Love the quilting with the pearls, infact I love everything about this card.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow such an elegant card your Sil will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card, so different :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such and elegant card and I really love the quilting idea (note to self). x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Toni that's beautiful, so elegant your SIL is bound to love it - I do! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a chic and lovely card! I love the quilting effect, I should be more adventurous with my scoring board than I am !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a pretty card, i need to get my hougie board out x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, I love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card Antonia!!
    Love how you made your card all touchy Feely!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage!!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Beautiful, absolutely beautiful, Antonia, that's my kinda card! I adore that image, I bought it at Ally Pally and haven't used it at all, off to blow the dust of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very elegant card - lovely!

    Thanks for joining in our challenge at Craftalicious & best of luck

    Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, so elegant.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete