About Me

Hello, as you may gather from the title I am Antonia and I craft in my attic bedroom. I started crafting when I retired and love making cards for family, friends and charity

Tuesday, 10 May 2011

playing with distress


I felt like trying something new today and whilst rummaging in a drawer came across some inkjet printable acetate and since I only have 2 digi images so far ( I do not trust myself with the computer and printer but must really try harder)
 I printed out Thomas again 4 times to make full use of the A4 sheet. After I put the first sheet in and all the ink rubbed off I realised there was a right and wrong side!!! to this product.
Now what to do with a beautiful image that you can see through, I tried and failed miserably adding colour with promarkers and inks so was left with an image on my desk.
I decided to blog trawl to ease my frustration and find inspiration and found Erica Gunters sketch for the current Sugar Bowl Challenge the theme is vintage or distress. So this is my idea
Grandads workshed where he has pinned up some old bits and pieces cogs ,springs, a bit of string and an old photo of his now grown up son holding the wooden train he made for his so long ago .............. OK are you sniffing now .. I don't know why but I do feel a bit sentimental about this image. O.K enough already.
The backing cards are embossed with TH folders and all the scuffing and swiping of inks are also Tim's distress inks I attached the image  Thomas  from Funkykits to some distressed card with brads. Hope you like it.
I should like to enter this into Sugar Bowl challenge 59 here
  Creative Craft Challenge here
Thanks for looking :)

8 comments:

  1. Thats a really beautiful image ,such a lovely little boy.Love your card
    Can I ask where you got the image from please?
    xxx Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina, sorry I should have said the image is from Funkykits. I have amended my post now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, what a stunning image xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Toni, that image is so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card - the image makes me feel sad too - it's a bit ghostly :c) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and your distressing worked a treat. Your image is lovely and goes so well with your theme. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous I love the image you should enter it in our distressed/vintage challenge at Creative Craft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful image and card. Its gorgeous.
    Choccy xx

    ReplyDelete