About Me

Hello, as you may gather from the title I am Antonia and I craft in my attic bedroom. I started crafting when I retired and love making cards for family, friends and charity

Wednesday, 18 April 2012

And they said it would not last

This week end we will be here





Because on 21st of April 1962 we did this




How wrong they were.

A small family wedding (37 people)my sister and my best friend Margaret were my bridesmaids, hubbys brother was the best man and yes looking at the pic you can see 3 pairs of bare legs the best man wore a kilt :)

Mum made and iced the cake and my aunts and Mums friend made the wedding breakfast.   Smoked Salmon pate, Ham and Chicken Salad and Sherry Trifle.

Honeymoon was 1 night in a very posh hotel in Inverness ( a wedding gift from hubbys Aunt who was the managers secretary) and  the best man picked us up the next morning and we had a few days in his spare room as he lived by the sea.

Now 50 years, 3 sons, 6 grand children later I think we may say "It lasted"

11 comments:

  1. Huge Congratulations to you both Toni & Mr Toni. I hope you have a wonderful weekend of celebration. I've not been to Pitlochry for years but I have fond memories of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Hope you enjoy your weekend :)


    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic - so nice to see in this day and age - congratulations xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 50 years together. Love the photos - I always think that black and white photos are so romantic. Enjoy your weekend and the hotel, it looks fabxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hotel in Pitlochry looks gorgeous and I hope you have a lovely weekend and congratulations to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you both and have a great weekend.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congratulations to you both. Your hotel looks wonderful, have a lovely time. Your wedding photos are great, where does the time go? x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huge Congratulations from me. Your photos are lovely and I do hope you have the best weekend ever.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is amazing .... and lovely photos to look back over, now as everyone is saying have fun etc etc ... you do realise you would have got less for murder right? hahaha! sorry I so couldnt resist! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Congratulations to you both. Great photos. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to you both!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete