Its my Great nieces birthday so I made her a can can scarf in lovely shades of jade, purple and blue, it was very quick to knit up and I did enjoy my first step back into knitting for about 20 years!!!. When deciding on a card for her I decided to carry on the colour theme and I scanned the scarf onto my computer and printed out the result using it as backing paper. I used a Sugarnellie stamp and coloured her with promarkers (and yes I did need to buy 2 new ones!!) and trimmed the card with a section of the knitting yarn. I even made the box!!!!!! So all in all I did it "my way" I just hope she likes it
Thanks for looking and feel free to comment (cos then I know you have been)

Wow, what a stunning scarf and card, such a clever idea to make your own paper. The colours are just gorgeous and I love the image on the card. You're going to have one very, very happy great niece xxx
ReplyDeletethat's fantastic - where did you get the scarf pattern from? Love it so much I want one lol xx
ReplyDeletesorry should have said please - I'm soo rude ;c) xx
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful! I love the colours and the way you've linked the card & gift xx
ReplyDeleteOh that is lovely. Those scarves are fantastic and so pretty aren't they. What a brilliant idea scanning it and using it as backing paper. Your great niece is going to love it. Jaqui x
ReplyDeleteWOW!! this is stunning! A perfect gift from start to finish. The scarf is beautiful and such a gorgeous colour. I have one in greens made by my friend but she won't give me the instructions :-( so maybe I could beg them off you, pretty please xxx
ReplyDelete