
Someone on MSE was asking about sympathy cards and what "type" we made. I would like honest opinions on this one. I recently bought the "Guardian Angel " stamp from sugar nellie. I liked the look of it but when I was talking to the assistant she said she used it for sympathy cards and that has sort of changed the way I see it. I have made a card up and would like your opinion too childish? not serious enough? Oh I am just not sure about it now, anyway what do you think?

oh i like it . It is kind of gentle if you know what i mean. It gets across the message but isn't depressing.
ReplyDeleteAntonia, I think this is just beautiful. I actually find it quite moving..
ReplyDeleteAntonia, I think this is a lovely card. I find alot of sympathy cards are very old fashioned and TBH all look the same where as this is the kind I would pick.
ReplyDeleteThis is a really lovely card and a beutifully coloured image. It's perfect for a sympathy card but the stamp could definitely be used for lots of occasions I think x
ReplyDeleteI really like this card, I don't think it is childish but I do think that with sympathy cards you have to think of the person who would receive it. Would my in-laws in their late 80s like it? No, they would think it inappropriate, they are more traditional in every aspect of their lives and would expect to receive the more "old fashioned" sort that PepPop mentions. When my son and d-i-l lost their baby (who didn't take breath), this would have been the perfect card for them. So very appropriate as a sympathy card for some people.
ReplyDeleteYou could even use it as a "Sorry for the loss of your pet" card, just look at the teddy's face, it actually says so much!
I love the stamp.
I know where you are coming from Susan, arn't sympathy cards the worst to do? there is so much you want to convey and yet the words never come. I bought image to use stamped onto a bookmark which I sent to my niece who is going through a tough time at the moment as a sort of "someone is thinking of you" but I am now a bit "off" the image
ReplyDelete